This heavenly combination of matcha's renowned earthy flavour and the sweetness of white chocolate provides the perfect way to incorporate the healthy goodness of matcha into your baked deserts. Vibrant green and savoury, this desert will be sure to garner the interest of your guests, family, and friends.
1 ¾ tbsp matcha green tea powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups of white chocolate chunks
2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
85 g of macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
Add up to 2 tablespoons of matcha green tea powder to get a stronger matcha flavour
Time: 30 Minutes | 36 Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the flour and the baking soda together. Then, sift the matcha powder in the flour mixture and make sure it is well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and beat until well mixed. Mix in the flour mixture and mix just until all of the flour pockets are gone. Then this is the time when you would fold in your white chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, scoop out even amounts of cookie dough about 1-1 ½ inches apart on your lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for about 15-18 minutes just as the edges start to slightly brown. Since these are matcha green tea cookies, you don’t want it to brown too much otherwise you would lose the green colour.
- Cool the cookies for 2-3 minutes on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Per 1 cookie
Fat: 10 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Sodium: 7 mg
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Potassium: 60 mg
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Vitamin A: 12%
Vitamin C: 3%
← Previous Recipe