Olive Oil Ice Cream
This simple ice cream recipe is a wonderful summer treat. The strong peppery flavour of Cladivm Hojiblanco is saturated in a creamy, sweet taste that produces a delicious and unique ice cream flavour that will be pleasant surprise for children and adults.
1 cup cream
1 cup of 5% milk
5 egg yolks
¾ cup fine white sugar
¼ cup Cladivm Hojiblanco Olive Oil
Under no circumstances can you substitute the cream and 5% milk for lesser fat versions as it would drastically change the consistency. Same applies to the sugar amount.
If you have an ice cream machine, please refer to the instruction manual in terms of how long to put the ice cream mix in for and for how long to freeze your chamber.
If you do not have an ice cream machine, you can freeze the ice cream mix in a covered glass container and every 30 minutes or so, bring it out to vigorously churn it. Repeat this step every half hour until the mix gets firmer (around 3 - 3.5 hours depending on your freezer).
Time: 30 Minutes | Serves 6
- Place the cream and milk in a saucepan and set over medium heat until it simmers
- While the cream and milk are coming to temperature, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until you get a pale mix.
- Add the heated liquid slowly into the whipped egg yolks until it thickens and can coat the back of a spoon (or it comes up to 164F).
- Chill the ice cream mix in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream machine or until the ice cream gets to a soft-serve consistency
- Freeze the ice cream for at least 3 hours to harden.
Per 1 serving
Fat: 35 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Sodium: 40 mg
Cholesterol: 235 mg
Potassium: 120 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Vitamin A: 20%
Vitamin C: 0
← Previous Recipe Next Recipe →