A Real Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cladivm Picudo is defined by its medium fruitiness and mature tones of green olives and almond. The sweet entry and progressively peppery taste concludes with an agreeable bitterness that is enriched with the notes of green grass, apple, and olive tree leaf that characterize its aroma. Cladivm Picudo is only available here, at menos.ca.
Uniqueness, Purity, and Flavour
- A monovarietal oil pressed from picuda olives
- Cold-pressed within 2 hours of harvest, ensuring the freshest quality
- Just the juice of olive – nothing added
Loaded with Polyphenols
- Over 600 mg/kg of polyphenols, very healthy antioxidants
- Far exceeds the average of oils in Canada – even among ultra premium oils
Award-Winning Family Tradition
- The product of a 400-year-old family farm in Cordoba, Spain
- Recipient of the “Best Olive Oil Mill in Spain” award, among numerous others
- Conforms to the highest standards of production
Aroden: 400 Years and Counting
Cladivm Picudo is produced by Aroden, a family business that has been producing olive oil in the fertile Cordoba province of southern Spain since the 16th century. Situated just to the east of the parque natural de las sierras subbéticas, the excellent climate and soil conditions of Aroden’s olive groves are optimally harnessed by the family’s time-tested cultivation methods to produce their celebrated extra virgin olive oil. Since founding their own mill in 2000, Aroden has received numerous international awards and has begun to share their extra virgin olive oil with ever increasing audiences. We are proud recipients of this remarkable family tradition.
|Download the Chemical Analysis|
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- There are two varieties of Cladivm, each made with a different kind of olive: Hojiblanco and Picudo.
- Both Cladivm oils are early harvest, cold-pressed extra virgins, and conform in every aspect of its cultivation and production to the rigorous standards of the Cordoba province's protected designation of origin qualifications (the official stamp can be found on the front of the bottle, at the bottom).
- As monovarietal olive oils, Cladivm embodies the natural richness of each olive’s unique flavour. This award-winning flavour is preserved in its freshest possible state by ensuring that the olives are pressed within two hours of being picked.
- The distinctive flavours that characterize each of these monovarietal oils lend themselves to different applications and taste preferences.
The Olive Mill and Grove:
- Cladivm is produced by a small family farm in the Cordoba province of Spain that has been in operation for over 400 years.
- The grove is composed of both youthful and aged trees, many over 200 years old
- A new mill was built neighboring the grove in 2000, affording greater control of production process and enabling the freshly picked olives to be pressed promptly after harvest
- The soil is alkaline and chalky, which is conducive to producing higher quality olive oil
Aroden & Awards
Aroden has won numerous awards in the past. The present batch of Cladivm hojiblanco olive oil, harvested in November 2015, has already received three international awards for the 2016 season. The first was gold medal in the medium fruity flavour category at the 2016 Olive d'Or international competition in Montreal. This competition is Canada's biggest olive oil competition, attracting over a thousand oils from all over the world. The second was a gold award presented at the New York International Olive Oil Competition, which is one of the largest and most prestigious olive oil competitions. The third award was a silver medal at the Los Angeles International Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition 2016.