The Most Unique Olive Oil in Canada
A distinct and floral character that harmonizes notes of citrus with a seductive fragrance. On the palate, its compelling qualities rise to a full-bodied climax that enriches all foods with which it is paired. Experience the legacy of a 400-year tradition. La Aldea is only available here, at menos.ca.
Uniqueness, Purity, and Flavour
- A delicate balance of three distinct types of olive: hojiblanca, picuda and picual
- Cold-pressed within hours of harvest, ensuring the freshest quality
- Just the juice of olive – nothing added
Loaded with Polyphenols
- Over 700 mg/kg of polyphenols, very healthy antioxidants
- Far exceeds the average of oils in Canada – even among ultra premium oils
Award-Winning Family Tradition
- The product of a 400-year-old family farm in Cordoba, Spain
- Recipient of the “Best Olive Oil Mill in Spain” award, among numerous others
- Conforms to the highest standards of production
Aroden: 400 Years and Counting
La Aldea De Don Gil is an achievement realized through centuries of experience and tradition, harnessed to prodigiously preserve all the rich flavours afforded by the bountiful countryside of southern Spain. Since entering competitions in 2005, the family business has garnered increasing recognition for the quality of its olive oil. In 2014, the mill was awarded “Best Olive Oil Mill in Spain” by the Spanish Association of Municipalities of the Olive Tree (AEMO), after having won second place in 2013. You can view the full award history here.
|Download the Chemical Analysis|
I received your product in a very timely manner and was very pleased with the taste of this olive oil. I leaves an nice peppery bite at the back of the throat and makes my salads just delicious. A great product indeed and highly recommended.
An utterly fantastic olive oil. It takes your food to the next level right away. I can't describe exactly what this olive oil does to something like a dish of pasta - it goes from good to wow!
Tried this oil at the Waterfront last summer. So good! So unique. Glad I found it again
Product is exceptional, and well worth the price. My family is from Spain, north of Barcelona, and I grew up with using extra virgin olive oil. It's like from back home!!!